Monday, January 25, 2010

Painting Primer

I have this weird little room/hallway in the store. I have stared & stared at it for inspiration. Finally something entered the hemisphere of my decorating brain, I don't know if it's inspiring but anything is better than what it was.
Decided to do a beachy theme with funky painted shelves of all sizes and shapes. Problem was the painting of said funky shelves. Primer paint has turned out to be not a friend of mine. Take a peek at the picture, is it supposed to look all bubbly & watery? I feel like I need to sand it down to apply regular paint. Ugh. More of that four letter word...WORK.
Funny thing when you get inspired to do a project, you think your HGTV. I truly thought I'd have this done in one week, max. Au contraire mon frere. You tend to forget that there is work, children,a spouse and a house that comes fully loaded with dirty clothes and dishes. Lesson learned. Think the project will take one week? Add another and then maybe even a couple of extra days, cause life will always get in the way of my decorating impulses.
Wow, I know it's a lousy picture & I believe that is a picture of the shadow of my arm. Crossing photographer off my list of talents right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment